The NATED N4-N6 Engineering qualification is designed to provide the theoretical component in order for you to attain a National Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. The practical component comprises of 24 months (2400 working hours-240 Credits) of work experience relevant to your trade.
The part qualification as a single entity has value in the workplace as it equips learners with vital knowledge and skills that enable them to be productively employed at entry level positions in an occupation.The part qualification can be used for updating, up-skilling and/or continuing education and training in related occupations
The programme comprises of the following:
N4- SAQA ID 66881 - NQF 5 - 40 Credits
N5- SAQA ID 66960 - NQF 5 - 40 Credits
N6- SAQA ID 67005 - NQF 5 - 40 Credits
NATIONAL DIPLOMA- SAQA ID 90674 - NQF 6 - 360 Credits
• An appropriate National Certificate: N3 Engineering Studies;
• Senior Certificate, with at least three instructional offerings which are applicable to the instructional offerings chosen by the candidate for the programme; or an equivalent qualification.
• Recognition of Prior (RPL):
Recognition of Prior Learning can be used to grant:
1. Access to learners who do not meet the minimum entry requirements
2. Credits towards the part-qualification
The Department of Higher Education will issue you with a National Certificate once you have passed each level eg. N4, N5, N6. After completing your work experience you can apply for your National
Diploma from the DHET at the campus where you have completed your N6 qualification