Computer Programming and Web Development Level 1
1 Year Programme
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The purpose of this programme is to master the fundamentals, essential ideas, and the concepts for success in the three popular programming languages namely Java, C# and to gain a basic understanding of databases through SQL. You’ll learn all about the syntax – or rules of programming languages Java, C# and SQL Databases and also how to write a computer programme and get the computer to understand it. At the end of this programme, students will be able to effectively design, implement, and manage software programs in Java and C# and also design and manage SQL databases. In addition, you will also have sufficient knowledge to deploy software programmes using the appropriate software tools, processes, and metrics. The student will also be able to write International Certification exams from Microsoft and Oracle which will increase the employability of your skill set. Having your own computer is an advantage but not a requirement. applications, to supporting those apps and infrastructure with data and analytics – all with the proper security considerations.
Who Should Enroll For This Programme?
- have a keen interest in basic programming and software/application development
- are new to computer programming or need more advanced computer programming training
- have an interest in technology and curious about how things work
- have an interest in developing Problem-Solving and Logical Skills
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Basic computer literacy including the ability to use computers for communication and productivity
- NO prior coding or programming knowledge is required
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Programming in Java
- Java Foundations
- Java SE 8 Programmer I
- MS SQL
- Programming in C#
NOTE: CENTURION ACADEMY (PTY) LTD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE PROGRAMME SYLLABUS AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH LEGISLATIVE PRESCRIPTIONS, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION AND WITHOUT FURNISHING REASONS THEREFORE.
- Computer Programmer
- IT Consultant
- Software Developer
- Software Tester
- Database Administrator
- Web Developer
- Application Developer
- Systems Analyst
On successful completion of this programme candidates will receive a Centurion Academy certificate of completion and may also write external vendor examinations.
Possible External Certifications
- 1Z0-811 – Java Foundations Certified Junior Associate (JFCJA)
- 1Z0-808 – Java SE 8 Programmer I – Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) Java SE 8 Programmer
- DP-900 – Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals
- AZ-204 – Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure