Systems and Network Support Level 1
1 Year Programme
1 Year Programme
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The programme provides students with the essential knowledge and skills for computing support, networking, security, cloud and mobility to enable them to work in the industry to provide systems and network support. Successful students can also complete the internationally recognised CompTIA (The Computing Technology Industry Association) vendor-neutral IT certifications in these areas to improve employability and impact.
Who Should Enrol For This Programme?
- are looking for a first job in IT with the aspiration to build a career and eventually specialize in cybersecurity, cloud computing or software development or become specialists in network and system support. This programme is also a solid foundation for other areas such as programming.
- Normally a candidate should have at least a completed Grade 10
- Proficiency in English
- Basic computer literacy including the ability to use computers for communication and productivity
- IT Fundamentals – aligned with CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- Hardware, Software, Operating Systems and Support – CompTIA A+
- Network Implementation and Troubleshooting – Networking CompTIA Network+
- Core Cyber Security – CompTIA Security+
- Core Cloud Computing – CompTIA Cloud+
NOTE: CENTURION ACADEMY (PTY) LTD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE PROGRAMME SYLLABUS AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH LEGISLATIVE PRESCRIPTIONS, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION AND WITHOUT FURNISHING REASONS THEREFORE.
- Field service technician
- Network Engineer
- Cloud Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Security administrator
Further Study Opportunities
Microsoft 365 Expert and Security Associate
Azure Cloud and Cyber Security
On successful completion of this programme candidates will receive a Centurion Academy certificate of completion and may also write external vendor examinations to get international certifications.
Possible External Certifications
- CompTIA ITF (FC0-U61)
- CompTIA A+ (220-1101 and 220-1102)
- CompTIA Network+ (N10-008)
- CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601)
- CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-003)
Subject to change