Higher Certificate in Tourism & Hospitality in the Accommodation Sector
1 YEAR Higher Certificate
SAQA ID: 110944 | NQF LEVEL: 5 | CREDITS: 120
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The aim of the Higher Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality in the Accommodation Sector is to equip you with knowledge, skills, values and attitudes that will enable you to become confident and independent and to make responsible contributions to the ever-changing industry of tourism and hospitality.
This programme promotes enhancement, marketability and employability, . It has the purpose of providing benefits to the economy by developing citizenship, increasing social and economic productivity, providing specifically skilled / professional people, and transforming the legacies of inequity.
This programme is offered full-time.
WHO SHOULD ENROL FOR THIS PROGRAMME?
- are already working in the tourism or hospitality industry and want to obtain a formal qualification
- wish to gain knowledge on the different sectors of the tourism and hospitality industry
- NSC (National Senior Certificate) (Gr 12) with admission to Higher Certificate studies, or NC (National Certificate) (Vocational) with the minimum requirements for entrance to Higher Certificate studies, as specified by UMALUSI.
- A person aged 23 or older with work experience in this field of study will also qualify for admission.
- Rooms Division Operations
- South African Tourism
- Food and Beverage Preparation
- Basic Conferencing Skills
- Food and Beverage Skills
- Experiential Learning
NOTE: CENTURION ACADEMY (PTY) LTD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE PROGRAMME SYLLABUS AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH LEGISLATIVE PRESCRIPTIONS, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION AND WITHOUT FURNISHING REASONS THEREFORE.
WORK INTEGRATED LEARNING
Experiential learning is critical to teaching and learning and is an important and integral part of your formal training. You need to complete 200 notional hours of experiential learning during this programme.
- Cruise Ship Employee
- Hotel Clerk
- Guest Relations Officer
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Conference/Banquet Attendant
- Head Waiter
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Admission to Diploma studies in Tourism Management or Hospitality Management.